STATEMENT OF FAITH
What We Believe
- We believe both the Old and New Testaments constitute the divinely inspired Word of God. The Scriptures are the only infallible and authoritative rule of faith and practice.
- We believe there is one God, who is eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe our Lord Jesus Christ is God and Man in one Person. He was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, performed miracles and vicariously atoned for sin through His shed blood and death. He was bodily resurrected from the dead; He ascended into Heaven; He is at the right hand of God the Father; and He will personally return in power and glory.
- We believe unregenerate man (male and female) is in a state of sin separated from God.
- We believe regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential for the salvation of lost and sinful man, and that repentance from sin and acceptance of Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior is the only way to come into a relationship with God.
- We believe eternal life is received by faith – that is, trusting in Jesus Christ alone for salvation.
- We believe the Holy Spirit indwells all true believers and enables them to live a godly life.
- We believe both the saved and lost will be resurrected from the dead – they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe there is spiritual unity of all true believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe the local church is the primary God-established base of operation for evangelistic activity in the world.